Friday, April 23

Office Re-do

Yesterday I pulled EVERYTHING out of the office and painted the walls and the molding....so now my kitchen is covered in a full room of stuff. Hopefully Matt will help me cut the plywood tonight so I can get it down and painted tonight, second coat tomorrow and dried by Sunday.

I do have a couple of DIY projects for the room, particularly now that I have no desk. The desk that I had, while OK, was falling apart. It was one of those cheap particle board things, and between moving it from my parents' to here it was falling apart. Plus I was planning on using the draw pulls for the bathroom cabinet.

I'm keeping the top of the desk, cutting it down, attaching a couple of 2x4s, and painting it white. I found one of those rolling (plastic) carts that holds hanging files...so that will be my storage and it also rolls out for when I need to have additional surface area. Then besides the desk I plan on building a 40" bookshelf with baskets to hold all of those wonderful electronic gadgets.

I'm also thinking of framing in (on 1 side) the pantry shelves and hanging a curtain in front of it so that it's not so obviously my pantry. Once all of this is done we're putting a bi-fold door on it so that I can actually CLOSE the room off when we have company....or Miss A is mobile and I need to do work.

The colors were inspired by the April 2010 cover of BHG. I loved the robin's egg blue and the bright yellow. The room was originally painted Behr's Autumn Mist, but it was too orange-y so I had lightened the color and sponged it over. I never really liked it and never really finished the room....so I went for it!

1 comment:

raisingmiles said...

Love the color!

A pantry in the office???

LinkWithin