Sunday, February 7

ZZzzzzzzzz.......

That was us this afternoon. A went down for a nap at 12:30pm (first time she'd been asleep since we got up at 8:45am)...and slowly mommy and daddy followed suit. When suddenly there was a yell, and mommy jumped off of the couch to find someone wanting a bottle....at 3:45.

I think I only slept for a little over an hour, but Ave did a good nap. She's sleeping a bit better at night, but she's still waking up...I'm thinking she's waking herself up in her bassinet. Her hands hit the sides and her feet and head are almost touch the ends. I think tonight we may just move her to the crib....hopefully that solves the dilemma....because 5 or 6 (even 3) hours of straight sleep would be bliss :-)

The other day when we went shopping T.arget had Dr. Seuss books on sale (2 for 10). I love Dr. Seuss books...they're long enough that it takes a bit to read, entertaining enough to keep A interested, and all around everyone is happy. Matt took this picture this afternoon. (please ignore my silly face). Obviously reading is a family-affair in our house; there's a reason why we don't have TV.

I grew up with my mom reading books to us....she was ALWAYS reading something. Matt's parents I don't think ever read them books. To my mom it was a must for us to read together. Obviously we're going to continue with that. I think it makes a HUGE difference in a person's life if they grow up reading books, especially ones beyond their age and if they read them out loud. We love BOOKS! (and sleep:-)

6 comments:

sadie607 said...

We love books and sleep too. I hope she sleeps better for you, at least she had a nice long nap.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Love the picture with both of your babies in your lap! Hope you get some sleep soon!

Delenn said...

Our philosphy too on books! I love Dr. Seuss too...the other night I was going through my son's books, taking out a lot of the Seuss books to pass them onto my daughter. My son has a good foundation of book reading and often times can be found off in a corner reading.

Queenie. . . said...

I'm with you on the books. I had a lot of books as a kid, as did my brother. DH's family did not do books. The difference in outcome is dramatic, in my opinion. Books are SO important.

I hear you on the sleep, too. A three hour chunk would be so lovely!

kimbosue said...

Love the pic of both babies listening to mama!

Debbie said...

No TV? I am impressed.
And the rhythm of the words in Dr. Seuess books, I think the babies love it. That's why I love nursery rhymes too... the rhythm of the launguage. Plus, there's nothing better than snuggling with a baby.

LinkWithin