Friday, February 26

There's NO business, like SNOW business :-)

Yesterday: It snowed all day. By bedtime we had gotten about 14+/- inches of snow.
The apple trees in our backyard.
I think she was trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue :-)



Snowbunnies


I just thought this was very cool how the snow was piled on the very top of the flag.



Today: I think we got a total of at least 23" of snow.
Has anyone seen my chickens?


Don't think we'll be having a BBQ for a while.


I think there's a car under there.





The pile of snow out front of my house.




But there is hope that spring will come again.

I spent about 45 minutes outside yesterday shoveling and bringing wood in...today I spent another hour or more just shoveling the front sidewalk and paths to the chickens and wood piles and for the dogs.

Yesterday was the kind of day I've dreamed about for a very long time. Snowed in with my kids, just doing things around the house, only thing missing was Matt (he was out on the road doing the routes since the storm started on Wednesday). Today I was even more indulgent and watched a movie (Hello, Dolly!).

I did get some work done on the quilt for my mom. Everything is cutout for the star blocks, and I have 3 of those stitched together...only 15 more of the stars to go and 17 photo collage blocks. It's actually coming together surprisingly fast. I think it's probably because as of right now, it's all sitting on my kitchen counter!
The fabrics aren't quite this dark in real life.

9 comments:

Jendeis said...

The blocks look gorgeous! Glad that you're being so productive and loving it.

sadie607 said...

Wow that's a crazy amount of snow. The pictures are beautiful and Avelyn is as always adorable. I can't believe they make you shovel all that snow that's just nuts. Stay warm.

Queenie. . . said...

Irises are the most optimistic flowers, aren't they? Mine are pokimng through, too.

A. looks just like you in these photos!

kimbosue said...

OMG that is an insane amount of snow!

The quilt is looking fabulous!

VA Blondie said...

That is a lot of snow! It looks like you got to have some fun playing in it! The quilt looks like it will be beautiful.

Rebekah said...

WOW. That's A LOT of snow!

Katie said...

What beautiful pictures! I wish I had taken more when we had our snow storm. Little A looks just like you in these pictures! And I'm digging the quilt squares :)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That snow is so lovely! And you two make some cute snow bunnies! Loving the quilt!

Photogrl said...

Glad you got out and enjoyed the snow with A. The pictures of your apple trees are so pretty!

The blocks look great, too!

LinkWithin