Monday, January 11

It's done....I'm officially a "stay at home mom"

Its done! im officially a sahm. i do think my boss was surprised more later


~*~Updated 5:07pm~*~
So I got there, cookies in hand (I took the rest of my Christmas cookies up) and small talked to the two girls in the office while waiting for my boss to finish with something else.

I chatted a few minutes with my boss before dropping the bomb...pretty much just said..."well you probably know why I'm here....I'm not going to be coming back to work...here's my letter of resignation".

She was actually visibly upset, like borderline crying....and she kept saying she doesn't blame me, how she wished she would have done that, she's ready to move on to something different (it's getting worse and worse with corporate), and how she wasn't going to cry. She did say that she's really going to miss me, and that she really trusted me and was pleased with how I did the job over the past 5 years.

Our HR person wasn't surprised. She knows how important it was to me to be a stay at home mom and she did the same thing too (albeit 20 years ago). I was there about an hour and said my goodbyes and left. I'm done! I don't have to go back there...I don't have to come home on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of the PITA (whom I didn't see, thankfully).

I cannot tell you just how happy I am to be done there...and to know I left on good terms. That if I decide to go back to work in a few years or whatever...they probably would take me back in a heartbeat.

9 comments:

The Wife said...

Congratulations!!!

kimbosue said...

Good for you!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Yay!

LJ said...

Welcome to the club!

annacyclopedia said...

Congratulations!

Melissa G said...

Congratulations, that is fantastic!!!

Rotten said...

CONGRATS and welcome to the club. It's the best job in the world!

Becky said...

Yeah, good for you!!!!!!

Queenie. . . said...

I know how you've stressed over this, and I'm so happy for you that it's all behind you. Congrat's!

LinkWithin