Tuesday, December 1

Happy 1 Month Birthday Avelyn!

I'm sad: She's 1 month old...no longer weeks, but a month.

Today we had her doctor's appointment. I think they were confused about why we were there. The nurse took us in the room (first off, why have a 10:50am appt if they're not taking you into a room until 11:20am?!?!) and did her temperature, then asked if I had any questions/concerns today for the doctor. I told her I just wanted to ask about the redness on her eyelids (figured it to be birth trauma/stork bite).

We sat in the room for another 10 minutes and another nurse comes in and says undress A and we'll weigh her (she's 9lbs 10.6oz - just what I had figured based on the scale at the store). That nurse says the doctor will be right with us. Finally at 11:45 (almost an hour after our appt) the doctor walks in and asks "who's sick?" (my sister had gone with me and she's a patient of this doctor's). I told her that no one is sick, that A is here for her 1 month check up.

The doctor mentions the note on the chart about a "recheck" on her eyelids. I tell the doctor that this is the first time I'm asking about her eyelids. She checks A out very quickly, tells me the eyelids are stork bite, comments on the cloth diapers and A having sensistive skin (which she doesn't - she had a bit of redness around the legs of her diapers...same as any would have), tells me she'll see us again in 2 weeks for her 1 month appt. At this point I'm really confused and stressed at the fact that this appt took so long and I have another appt in 5 minutes on the other side of town.

We go to leave and I mention to the receptionist, that I think Dr. K meant in 4 weeks for her 2 month appt...she agrees...then tells me my copay is $30 (I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any copay since it's a "well-baby" visit. I hand her my discover card (because I'm in a rush and want to get out of there), and she says they don't accept discover...I don't have cash on me...I didn't even bring a wallet in.

My sister is scrounging through her wallet and comes up with $27. At this point a different receptionist walks over and takes over the other lady's job...she looks at the screen and tells me "Ok, you're all set then". I ask about the copay..."It's a well-baby visit, you don't have a co-pay"....thought so...just call to schedule the 2 month appt.

I don't know who got their lions crossed but someone certainly did.

Bottom line: A is looking good, weighing in at 9lbs 10.6 oz, they didn't measure her, but I did and think she's just over 21 1/2" long.

2 comments:

Photogrl said...

Happy 1 month, A!!!

Sorry about the mess at the doctor's office...how annoying!

JJ said...

Happy 1 month, sweet A!
I know that sad--Oman will be 10 MONTHS this week!

LinkWithin