Friday, December 18

Christmas Conundrums

We're trying to be productive around here...what with Christmas a week away. Tomorrow we're driving to Maryland for Matt's cousin's wedding (yes we're driving into the storm for a wedding...yes we're crazy).

Today A and I got more Christmas cookies made...actually 2 different kinds (for a total of 5 kinds now): We now have fudge, nut balls, linzer cookies, magic cookie bars, and chocolate kisses. I'm hoping to get at least 1 more kind made.

The other thing I was working on is a doll for A. I cannot believe how much a DOLL for a baby costs! It's ridiculous: $25.00! I flat out refuse to pay that much money for a doll. So, I did what anyone would do...made my own. I found a pattern online for a rag doll and set to work.

The pattern I found was an OK one...I know if I had looked a bit longer I would've found some better ones (because I've looked since and have found better ones). It actually isn't too hard to make a doll (if you have the right pattern). Mine wasn't hard, but it was a bit frustrating because of the way it's constructed. BUT, it's done and that's all I care about.



I'm relatively happy with how she came out. The hair is something I still need to perfect and then next one's head will be made a bit differently....the shape is weird....but A's getting a doll for Christmas, I made it, and it didn't cost me $25.00 :-)

3 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

Go you! As always, I'm impressed by your talent.

Anna said...

That's a pretty doll. And best of all, it's made with love.
You're so creative!

Anna

Cajun Cutie said...

Love the apron picture. So cute! Additionally, Carters makes some nice cloth dolls for babies that are under 10 dollars.

LinkWithin