Monday, August 10

Remember these two furry beasts?



They're not furry beasts anymore!


They went on Saturday for a grooming! I was a nervous wreck the entire time I was waiting for the groomer to call. We got our dogs 3 years ago (July)...we took them to a local groomer that fall...the groomer told us "don't bring that one back" meaning Thyme (on the right). Matt asked what was wrong and he said she was a nervous wreck. So we didn't we could manage Thyme's grooming on our own.

Sage went to them one last time, I think 2 years ago, and they told us then "don't bring her back unless she's tranqu'ed"....uhh ok. Let me just say I was never really impressed with these groomers...they are rather rough.

For the past two years, we've been managing their grooming as best we could, while trying to find someone that would actually groom them. FINALLY, this past month I found someone...a lady from Brooklyn who was willing to give them a try.

Obviously, she got them done. She did say, that they are ruined for life, as far as grooming goes. Her feeling is the same as mine....that whatever that first groomer was doing really scared the bejeezers out of them. BUT, she's willing to do them again.

A $100.00 later and the dogs are done! She charged me an extra $5 each since they were so difficult (it took her 4 hours to do them) and I was just so glad that she did them and got them done (even their nails clipped!) that I tipped her $20. They both feel and look so much better now.

Here's an interesting tid bit: When we got them from the previous owner (an old lady that had them and 2 white bichons) she told us they were bichon and border collie, which we could see the bichon, but not the border collie. The groomer said what she sees is Scottie mix....Thyme has the hair/beard of a scotty and Sage more the build and disposition of a Scottie. Ironically, that's what Matt and I had said in the past too.

~*~
This weekend I decided to start working on some of the sewing that needs to get done for the kid's room. I decided I would start on the valance for the curtain: I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this yet, but it will come to me. Here's a tease of the blocks...I have to make 4 more then figure out how to place them together. I'm sorry the picture is so scrappy...it's the camera.

The rest of what I have to make for the room is the curtain panels (which are easy enough - just a hemmed stretch of fabric), a quilt, a wall hanging, and I'm hoping MIL will make the bed skirt ...then my major sewing should be done...I'm going to hold off on the bumper until last (not something we'd need right away, if we decide to have one).

~*~
I think I picked out my shower dress: Now to order it. It was tough to find a dress that I liked and didn't cost a fortune. There was one I liked more than this one, but it was only available in a small...I am not, nor have I ever been, a small. Hopefully it fits and looks good.

~*~
The only other "exciting" thing this weekend was that I ordered the first of our cloth diapers. The Bum Genius 3.0s are on sale...buy 6 get the 7th free (and free shipping). I got 7 diapers for $100...I thought that was pretty good.

My mom started yelling at me for buying them...then asked, "well how many do you need?" I said at least 2 dozen of the BG3s plus a dozen of the prefolds..."Oh, Ok". I think she realized she was being a bit ridiculous about my buying diapers lol.

That's about all from the white house :-) Have a good week!

4 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Your doggies are so cute...and I love the names! Glad you found a groomer for them finally.

I love the dress. So stylish. Hope it's what you want when you get it in the mail!

Jendeis said...

The dawgies look great, and I love the shower dress!

VA Blondie said...

The dogs look great. We also have groomer issues as our guys are so big. There are some groomers we will not take them back to, so I understand where you are coming from!

The blocks look fantastic, and the dress looks wonderful!

Queenie. . . said...

I like the dress. And the dogs look SO much more comfortable!

LinkWithin