Sunday, August 30

Baby Shower in Review

Matt stayed the entire time with me....which was really, really nice. I was so glad to have him there and have him be a part of the day. Of course I was overwhelmed with the number of gifts and people who were there. I can't even tell you all that we got because they were rushing me through gifts so fast.

My sister made the cake: She did an AWESOME job. She's a very creative individual and for her to be this involved with a baby is amazing. She's never used fondant before so this is her first creation...I think she did great!

I do know that my parents and sister bought us the stroller we wanted. Matt's parents bought us some little stuff and a breast pump (I've already asked Matt if they have the receipt, I'd hate to have them spend that much money on something I may not be able to use...MIL seems to think with enough effort I'll be able to breastfeed). My godmother got us the co sleeper we wanted. My friend, who owns the quilt shop, made a quilt for us that snagged a blue ribbon in the fair. My cousins from Roch-cha-cha got us the Chico keyfit 30 carseat we wanted. My mom's friend and her mom got us all of the prefolds and thirsties covers we wanted. I think we made out pretty good.

I do have to go through the clothes and see what is for now and what is for next summer, surprisingly a lot of the clothes we got are for next summer. I'm hoping we can hit up Ko.hls' labor day sales and get some things for this winter. I also need to order another set of the BG3 diapers.

The shower went well...no one, fortunately, made any comments about breaking ribbons and pregnancy or anything like that. I actually enjoyed myself. I do wish I got to spend more time with people...my two friends, L & M (my birthday post), came but I barely even got to say hello to them....and I certainly didn't get a picture with them (which I really wanted). The other thing I realized was we got absolutely no pictures of me at the shower with Matt's family...oh well...there will be other times.

Matt's "Diaper Bag" was a hit. He was over the top excited about the Homebrewer in Training onesie...He insisted on walking around with it over his shoulder.

The food was good...not that I would have expected otherwise from our families. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it, but I'm also glad that it's over, because now I'm ALLOWED to go ahead and buy things (my mom wasn't "allowing" me to do that before the shower).

After the shower, and a quick nap for Matt, we headed up to my parents' house for a family BBQ since her cousin from Roch-cha-cha was here and her cousin from Germany...It was great to have everyone together...of course no one thought to take a picture of all of us (first time together in 35 years) until people started leaving and then it was too late.

We got home in the evening and plopped our butts on the couch, watched a movie and went to bed.

Here's the link to the shower pictures and the family BBQ pictures.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

If BRU carries the brand of pump they got you, you can go online and add it to your registry and then take the pump in and return it without a receipt. I think Target allows that, too.

Poo on your aunt for saying that. Ugh.

sadie607 said...

Your shower looked great. I'm glad everything went well (minus the stupid comment from your aunt).

Queenie. . . said...

It sounds like a great day!

BRU is having a deal right now (they just sent me an email, anyway-let me know if you need the copupon emailed), where if you update your registry in the store, with the coupon they'll give you 10 percent off whatever you buy in the store that same day.

By the way, where did you get your cloth diapers from? I don't remember seeing a post about that, but I'm in need of help in that arena.

LinkWithin