Sunday, August 23

31 weeks 1 day

Two months and 1 day: That's it, that's how much time is left before my due date. Can someone please tell me where the past 6.5 months have gone since we got our BFP?

Nothing terribly exciting going on. I saw Matt's grandma this past week and she informed that I look for-real pregnant, I asked if that was opposed to looking for-fake pregnant. I think just in the past week I've gotten a bit bigger. Rolling over in bed is a bit of work.

Thursday my feet swelled up like balloons at work...oh did they hurt! I think it was a combination of things, none of them being pregnancy: Wednesday night I ate a hot dog, fries, and a funnel cake at the fair, that and with my coworker out I really am not allowed to leave my office (since I answer phones).

I think the increase in sodium and decrease in movement, on top of the heat and humidity was what did me in. They were pretty much back to normal by Friday and haven't been that way since. I even worked 10 hours in the store yesterday and had no foot issues.

I lost track of how many belly-pats I got this week. I think it was mainly because I was at the fair a couple of times and saw people who know me, but I'm not close to and haven't seen in a while. I just grinned and bared it.

So this coming Saturday, there's this thing going on for me...something called a "baby shower": I'm seriously starting to have anxiety issues over this. Before I was all excited to have one, now I really wish I wasn't. The whole time is going to be dedicated to me and our baby and that situation just does not make me comfortable...on so many levels. I'm hoping I get better, and more excited, about the shower this week.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Here's to hoping you can enjoy your shower. You deserve it and deserve to have fun...and you need to enjoy it for those of us out here that may never get to have one! We need to live vicariously through you!

VA Blondie said...

I also hope that you can enjoy your shower. You deserve to celebrate this child.

LinkWithin