Monday, July 27

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

The Glucose Test wasn't too bad: I had a choice between lemon-lime and orange...I went with lemon-lime. Mine was actually carbonated and tasted EXACTLY like sprite...I was completely ok with drinking it. Hung around for a bit and they did the blood draw and I was on my way.

I got scolded by the NP: I lost 1lb since my last appt, I should have gained about 3-5 lbs since then. Then she commented that my body was in ketosis (from the urine sample)...I explained that I was told last time to avoid fruits, sugars and excessive carbs before the GT, that I'd had a bowl of cereal this morning, some cashews, turkey and cheese (hadn't eaten lunch yet this was at 12:45). I got told I need to eat more carbs...ok. I told Matt if I wanted to lose weight I wouldn't be able to, now that I want to GAIN weight I still can't do that.

I met my first internet today! There's only one girl from the knot/nest/bump that lives anywhere near me (she's in O-town, where I go for all my appts etc). She had a bunch of childbirth books that I could borrow if I was interested. So I got to meet her and her mom and her youngest son, who is 2 weeks tomorrow (totally adorable baby!): She was great! I was so nervous about meeting someone face to face but it was completely fine...I didn't even get a stuttering attack :-)

4 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

Sometimes it seems like weight is just a no-win situation! Did you get your test results today? Did you pass? Maybe I missed something. . .it's getting a little late for me!

The Wife said...

It's crazy that after a lifetime of being told to not gain weight, now that you can, you can't! I hope everything shapes up and good luck with the GD test results.

Lisa RM said...

Carbonated lemon-lime?! No fair.

theygrowinyourheart said...

HUSH right now!! Congratulations to you!! I can't believe how much I've missed!!! How exciting tha tyou have a sweet baby on the way. I seriously need to catch up - forgive my absence and again, a HUGE congrats to you:)

LinkWithin