Friday, June 5

Another boring (but good) OB appt

In and out in 5 minutes: Heart rate sounded good to her, my uterus is measuring as it should. When she walked in she asked me, "Do you want to know what you're having?" with this huge smile on her face.
I said "Yes!"
"Well at your next appt have the nurse put you in the u/s room and we'll see if we can find out on our machine".
"Oh, ok".

So we still don't know what we're having. This is seriously starting to annoy me. I asked her about the genitals being part of the anatomy scan and she said yes, they are but according to the tech, they couldn't get a look (legs crossed and umbilical cord in the way)...then she mentioned that they couldn't get a good read on the heart measurements either.

She did offer to me that if we wanted to go to Albany Med for another u/s (they're equipment is better, but 2 hours away) she would. Matt and I will have to decide if we want to do that. I'm honestly deliberating it, simply because I really want to finish this nursery, and my shower is not that far away (Aug 29)...that and I plan on sewing EVERYTHING for the nursery and I don't know what colors we're doing and kind of need to get started on that.

The nursery is still green and yellow (which I just painted), for a girl it will stay that and I'll do things (because I would paint it green anyways), but if it's a boy I'm serioulsy considering repainting the room and doing a nautical theme (found an awesome quilt pattern with sailboats!). If only Albany weren't so far away....

4 comments:

The Wife said...

Arg! Why wouldn't they tell you? That's annoying. Thanks a ton for your comment on my blog. I had just finished reading the results of my HPT this morning when I saw your comment. It really helped me stay calm. Thanks! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

OK, if it was me I would go to the other place to get another ultrasound. Just for the reason that they stated they couldnt get a read on the heart measurements. Makes me a bit nervous and if it were me, i would like a second scan, just to check all the parts over again.

Just my two cents.

sadie607 said...

I would also go get a second scan, how annoying. I'm sorry.

Queenie. . . said...

It's great that you have options now re: finding out the gender! Is your next appointment a whole month away? If so, that sort of makes a road trip to Albany more attractive, doesn't it?! Maybe you can make a day of it, and do a little baby shopping at some stores that you don't have in your area (my own favorite way to justify a raod trip!)

LinkWithin