Sunday, June 21

22 weeks 1 day

We did get our appt for Albany Med, it's scheduled for July 8th at 9am...so that means I have to be on the road by 6:30am...since I don't know where I'm going. At the very least, if Dr G can't tell us the gender on July 1st, hopefully Albany Med will....then we can get started on this room!

At this point I have 2 very distinct ideas of what we'll do in there, 1 involves repainting the room. If it's a girl the room will stay the colors it is (light yellow and green) and I'm going to do an English Garden thing-y. If it's a boy, the room is getting painted, or at least the bottom 1/2 is, in a darker blue and we're going with a nautical theme (Matt went to school for Marine Transportation...so this will be entirely him). Now to find out....

I'm physically doing well...my back and hips and stomach muscles hurt in the morning; it doesn't seem to matter how I sleep or how I adjust the mattress (we have a sleep number) I still hurt, but it goes away once I start moving around. The spider veins on the back of my left calf are getting worse....I'm not sure if that's from being on my feet all day on Saturday's or other stuff.

I'm just reaching my pre-pregnancy weight...depends on what day and time it is...but I'm within a 1/2lb. I think that's pretty good that at 22 weeks, I haven't gained a pound beyond my pre-pregnancy weight...of course I started off about 20lbs heavier than I should be. I'm hoping not to gain more than 20-25 lbs the last half of pregnancy, but we'll just have to see...my body is going to do what it needs to do.

As far as eating, I'm just eating healthy. I think it benefits me that it's summer and there's a ton of fresh fruits and veggies, which is what I want to eat anyways. I'm really not into eating meat...Matt has to force me to finish my little bit of meat I take every night (we're talking a piece the size of an old answering machine tape). I just have no desire to eat meat. I keep waiting for the pregnancy cravings to hit, but either they're the same cravings I've always had or I just don't notice them.

Here's the card that I ended up doing for my baby shower. I didn't want anything overly baby-ish or disgustingly cutesy...I wanted simple. The card its self is a light sage green with white flowers on it. Matt's mom mailed her invites out already, but oh well, at least everyone else will get this one.

And here it is, another belly picture...of course my belly is super big in this picture since it was after dinner and dessert ( I swear I do wear other clothes, I promise).

2 comments:

Chelle said...

You look fantastic!! I like the baby sower invite.

I can't wait to hear the sex of the baby....I know you can't wait either!

I love the themes-either way!

Debbie said...

you look cute!! I'm glad things are going well.

LinkWithin