Sunday, December 7

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I've been remiss in blogging: My apologies. We've been busy though! I finished Matt's quilt, entirely. The binding is on and everything! It looks great and it's so warm to snuggle under (yes, he is under the quilt in that picture, the dogs are under there too). I also got all our Christmas cards out, the tree is up and decorated, the village is up, the stockings are hung, and the nativity is in place!



On top of all that we also had my family over for dinner yesterday to celebrate my grandfather's 89th birthday and Matt's birthday (the 6th and 8th respectively). It was yummy! I made smoked ham, string bean casserole, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, biscuits, and my aunt brought salad. For dessert we had the Chocolate Indulgence cake (again), as well as a plain cheesecake with raspberry or chocolate sauce. I found a recipe for the chocolate cake on Godiva's website. It's so yummy! Especially with raspberries and whipped cream.



Last night we went to see the Christmas show at our local theater, that my sister is in. It was great: Definitely the best show they've done in several years. When I was younger I used to perform with them as well, but college and getting married kind of took up a bit of my time, that and I keep expecting to be pregnant and not wanting to do it(long hours). I'm thinking that next year, regardless, I might be in it again. I really miss the stage.




When we got out of the theater last night there was quite a surprise on the ground for us: Snow! A good inch or so. Or what I like to call "Magic Christmas Snow": The fine powder stuff that sparkles.

This morning I got up and went to work on a wall hanging for my godmother. I'm trying to not buy anymore gifts and work with what I already got. My boss gave me the pattern and it took me about 5 hours, what with doing a lot of other things at the same time. I think she'll like it.

I also managed to get a bit more done on the other Christmas wall hanging that I'm working on. I'm hoping I can get some things accomplished this week. At some point I guess I should bake Christmas cookies.

So, yesterday was supposed to mark the first day of my week's vacation. However, things happen. My coworker's mother in law (76) passed away and they are having the calling hours on Monday. I offered to my boss to come in: Otherwise there would be only one other person in the office. I go in at 10 or so and I should be home by 3:30. Not too bad, plus my boss is giving me 2 more personal days because I am coming in.

2 comments:

Jendeis said...

Go you!! You are getting so much accomplished!

annacyclopedia said...

Ooh, very nice! I'm just getting started on stuff - we got our tree yesterday and the house smells amazing. We'll decorate it tonight or tomorrow, and I've already gotten quite a few presents made, although I do have a few more to do. I love this time of year so much!

LinkWithin