Tuesday, October 28

A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. ~Carl Reiner

It would not be our home-town without a good snow-ing before Halloween.
This is what I woke up to this morning:-)
I'll take more pictures later on. So far we've gotten about 1.5" of snow. The forecast is calling for 3-5" of snow by tomorrow morning, in the valleys, and 5-9" on the mountains. It's heavy, heavy damp snow. I'm sure this won't last, but I'm happy that we've gotten it :-) I love snow!

Now to drive to work: Yuck!

6 comments:

JJ said...

WOW! Send it my way--Ill take it! We get very few snow storms in NC...Ill send you a cooler=)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Holy Moley Jess!!!! Ours is not sticking thankfully because everyone forgets how to drive in it from year to year. I hear you on snowing for Halloween and then for Christmas we have sun and 40s. We say in Ohio give it 5 minutes and the weather will change.

Mary

Elle Charlie said...

Wow, that is so pretty! We only got a few flurries of snow - looks like you got the real thing!

So festive!

kirke said...

I love the first snowfall, but only if I don't have to drive in it :) I think people forget how to drive in snow over the summer.

Thanks for visiting and beautiful pics!

SAHW said...

Wow, I thought snow before Halloween could only happen in Canada :) It's snowing here too, and I am dreading what tomorrow might be like! I have to say I agree with the quote, I am not a winter girl!

Miss said...

WOW!! SOOOO pretty! we have never gotten snow here before Halloween, ON Halloween, but never before.

But, I love the snow! =)

LinkWithin