Monday, October 13

It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life. ~P.D. James

What a beautiful weekend we had here! The sun was shining and it was in the high 60s/low 70s. Good work weather.

Saturday morning Matt went back in the woods with my dad. They had to do something with a harness to one of the tree stands. They were all excited when they got back: There had been a 9 pointer (deer) standing below my dad's tree stand.

I spent a good portion of the morning working on the wall hanging. You guys are probably as sick of seeing it as I am, so I won't post a picture until it's done now. I had done a lot of the "surface" cleaning on Friday evening before my friend had come over to dinner, so I didn't do much of that.

In the evening we went with my parents, Matt's parents, and some friends of ours to Scott's for dancing. It's a small family resort that has a live band every Saturday night and dancing. We had fun.
Scotts
Click for Album

Matt and I haven't danced in over a year: All of 2007 Matt was in pain and could barely walk because of his back and the beginning of this year he had back surgery, so this was the first time out dancing. We were rather comedic. He remembered a step differently than I did or I wouldn't follow his lead, we laughed a lot.

On Sunday we got up and went to church. When we got home I worked on making my orange marmalade (yum!) and Matt bottled his Bordeaux wine and his Pumpkin Spiced Ale. In the afternoon a friend of Matt's, R, came over and helped us stack some wood: We got three full rows done. The huge pile doesn't even have a dent in it!

Last Wednesday (10/8) I had finally stripped and roto-tilled the garden. We did make it bigger. We realized that the majority of what we want to grow takes up a lot of space….so we gave it a lot of space (big garden post coming up soon). On Sunday I planted all of our Spanish-Roja garlic: We have a pretty decent sized patch…about 4'x 5'. Hopefully it all comes up beautifully.

I did have a crazy infertility dream last night, a bit TMI. I had just given birth to a girl, but I wasn't in the hospital but on the floor of my old bedroom at home. I have no idea where Matt was or any of my family. I immediately started brea.stfeeding, the right side didn't work, but the left seemed to be fine. The nurses were rubbing her down, and they left the room.

I was just running my hand along her back and there was this stuff like dry cottage cheese coming off of her, it was like she was shedding. The next part in the dream the baby was walking around the room and having full conversations, and she was still a new born!

I have no idea what to make of this dream! Any ideas?

2 comments:

Manda said...

Your sister reminds me of a more attractive Rumer Willis. You know, without the chin.

Miss said...

I love all the pictures of you guys...you dont post near enough pictures of yourself. You have the BEST EYES ever!!

LinkWithin