Wednesday, September 17

"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece." John Ruskin

Several months ago my mom asked me to make something to auction for her church's Autumn Bazaar Fundraiser. I kept telling myself that I had plenty of time...hahahaha! We know what happens.

The Bazaar is this weekend. I think I should be able to get the tablerunner finished. We'll just have to see. This is, of course, not a masterpiece by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

The pattern is a disappearing nine-patch, which I borrowed from Quilts and ATCs blog. It's actually pretty simple, but comes out looking really complicated. Here's mine:


It reminds me of the crooked man who walked a crooked mile... :-) My blocks are setup the same way as the inspiration quilt, but I think it gives it a cool design.

The nice thing is because the pattern is so busy you don't have to worry about things being perfectly squared and aligned. All I have to do now is quilt it and iron it, then it will be done!

1 comment:

annacyclopedia said...

The nine square! I've been meaning to dabble in a small quilting project for a while and I have fabric I'd like to experiment with for this nine square. My mom told me about it a while ago and it sounded easy and cool looking. And it is!

Now get back to quilting! Tick tock!

LinkWithin