Monday, August 18

"If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing." --Sir James Barrie

First off I love JM Barrie (the author of "Peter Pan"), and I just felt this was a really good quote: If we can't do one thing, we should find something else we can do. I recommend that you get yourself a nice glass of ice tea and some cookies before sitting down to this post: I'm going to break it up so it's not quite as long.

WOOHOO!!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system: The 2008 Fair Season is officially OVER! We survived: I worked 30 hours there, and my usual 45 at work, for a grand total of 75 hours! That means that we're back to our regularly scheduled blogging, and there is so much to catch up on.

I actually did manage to sneak Matt away for a few minutes on Saturday afternoon to walk around the fair. I love seeing the animals! Of course it makes me want my dream farm NOW!
Del Co Fair 2008
Click on it to see the album
Saturday morning Matt and I had planned on going to the fair and getting breakfast and walking around for a little while. Afterwards I had planned on going to B-town (hour away) to do some quick shopping.

I then decided that I could do some Me-Shopping, so I headed to Home.Goods. I seriously love that store. They always have such neat serving items and holiday decor, and great prices. I don't buy very much there because it's nothing we need. Between hormones and stress I had a major splurg-age (that's a word, right?).


Remember in the spring I had repainted our living room? We still had the old area rug in there, that seriously didn't match the blues, blacks and whites. I found a rug in Home.Goods: 100% wool, marked down from $300 to $150.

Yes I keep sheets/blankets on our furniture when we don't have people visiting. The dogs just make a mess of it otherwise. It's hard to tell in the picture but the blue in the carpet (yes, it's there) is the same as the blue on the accent wall. (I'll take better pics later). It's not a perfect match, but it's a rug that will hide the dog hair better and if I repaint the room in a year, it will still match! As much as I do like how bright the room is, I do miss the old color scheme: I really like beiges, reds, greens, and blacks. That's why I love paint, because it's easy enough to change!

Stay tuned for the next installment of CATCH-UP!

No comments:

LinkWithin