Monday, August 11

Another one bites the dust!

Today was the first day of the 2nd County Fair: Unfortunately, it rained most of the day, and is scheduled to rain most of the week! There's not much worse than a rainy fair week. I have a feeling we'll be glad when this week is over. I'm working my normal hours at work, then heading over there every night for another 4-6 hours: You have to make hay while the sun shines (or in this case, the rain). Matt's also working his two jobs plus the fair 8hours. Oy!

We did manage to get one of our big projects done last week....
Obviously the rest of the room still needs to get cleaned and we still have to finish putting books on the shelves, but the bookcase its self is officially DONE! On to the next project...

PS. Manda asked me whether we had plans or if we just "winged it": We had plans. I drew up the blueprints, then Matt and I worked together to build the bookcase. I'm still deciding as to whether I want to put curtains on the bottom to cover all of my quilting stuff.

1 comment:

Manda said...

My word, that thing is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Do you have drawn out plans for it, or did you just kind of wing it?

LinkWithin