Saturday, February 16

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. ~ Albert Schweitzer

Today has been a good day: One of those days that you're sad to see it end. There wasn't anything particularly extraordinary about it. We slept in until 9am or so, got up and had some toast...then I headed to the quilt shop for my hand quilting class.
It was great! I think I did really well in it. I've never hand quilted before, but the instructor was nice and it all just came together so easy. The other women in the class couldn't believe that I only started hand quilting today. I can't wait to get the dining room cleaned up from the book case so that I can start on my quilting again!

Matt and I also managed to work some more on the book case. I think it will be awesome once it's done. It will be so nice to have a place for all my books, to get them all out of the boxes they're in. Also to get my grandmother's Hummels out of boxes and out where I can enjoy them. I know she certainly never intended for them to just sit in a box. I've just not wanted to put them out somewhere, afraid that they'll get knocked and break.

This evening Matt and I both worked on different projects: He his beer and I goofed around designing a house on Sims2 (haven't done that in ages!). Then we watched "Stranger Than Fiction": Interesting movie. All in all, a good end to a good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin