Tuesday, January 29

Everything will be OK.

I joined the new gym in town last week...big step for me. I really don't like exercising particularly in "public", but it's actually pretty great! I've managed to keep my motivation and my excitement about it: I've been 5 times in the past 6 days since I've joined (I took Sunday off). I'm not saying it's a habit yet, but so far so good.

I got home this morning and the sun was just starting to come up...all red and purpley pinks. I could tell it was going to be an amazing sunrise. Forget work...I had more important things to accomplish: I grabbed the dogs and my camera and ran down the back hill to the field behind our house (it was 16* this morning). While it's not abnormal for me to run out of the house with a camera in hand, I certainly didn't have time this morning...but I had to, there was no thinking about.

There are no words to describe how wonderful a sunrise it was. Don't get me wrong the colors were glorious and the clouds were filtering them perfectly. After I had snapped off about 40 or so pictures I just stopped...and I started crying. I just felt completely in awe and at peace. I just knew that everything is going to be OK.

I've been so worried about everything and praying so hard that something good would finally happen. Trying to be thankful in all circumstances, trying to trust that all will be well, trying to understand what work God is doing and what His plan is...why He's allowed Matt to suffer from so much pain and why our prayers for a baby are going unanswered.

But in that field this morning I just knew it will all be OK. He hasn't forgotten us or deserted us. I can't remember who it is, but one of the girls on the Nest has a quote: God only gives three answers to prayer: 1) Yes 2) Not Yet or 3) I have something better in mind.

Don't get me wrong...I'm still anxious and worried about Matt and his back, we're still desperately wanting a child, but I don't feel so alone. I don't know what will be, but I know that the One who does know only ever has our best at heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin