Friday, June 5

Radio Silence

Waterlogue-2015-06-05-13-51-27

It’s been quiet around here…I realize that. There hasn’t been a baby. The middle of last week Google {ie blogspot} and Windows Live Writer {ie the program I use to compose posts in} decided to not get along and stopped working, not just for me, but the whole blogging world that used both programs. It was beyond frustrating.

I looked into officially switching to Wordpress.org. I attempted to write in bloggers web-interface. I reinstalled and uninstalled and changed all kinds of things. There were tears. Finally, after 10 days, the programs are fixed and working together once again: Queue Handel’s Messiah Hallelujah Chorus! Yea, it’s that big a deal

One of the things that I learned was that I need to seriously start thinking about a plan. While I haven’t come up with a plan yet for my blog {ie. how to fund switching to wordpress.org and whether it’s worth it given I don’t have a huge following and no income from this space}, I do want to make a suggestion: Sign up for either blog posts or my newsletter. That way if something DOES happen and I have to move my blog, I can at least contact you with the latest information.

I do own the domain name http://LifeintheWhiteHouse.com, so even if I temporarily can’t blog I will continue again at that address. Just so you know. Anyways….I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin