Monday, April 6

30 Weeks

I think I had planned on posting at 25 weeks, but I guess that didn’t happen. There wasn’t much different to report; I have been taking pictures when I remember and can manage to not being wearing grunge clothes. If you’re on instagram, some of them are on there. Thirty weeks…only 10 weeks {give or take} left. Hard to believe that we’re nearing the end so quickly. I know I’m not ready yet.

I go from being completely excited and looking forward to this, to freaking out and thinking that there is no way I am going to survive this newborn thing again, especially during the summer, when Matt is almost never home {except to sleep}, and especially with 4 other kids!

You moms who have several kids, all singletons, I honestly don’t know how you do the pregnant with littles thing over and over again. You are my heroes! My only other experience was pregnancy with an 18-24 month old and that was a cake-walk!

Here we are 30 week stats:
I’m back at my pre-pregnancy weight. My health has been crappy, as I can’t seem to kick the new cough, then cold, that I’ve developed. At least I don’t feel as drained as I did before which is a good thing, but I am over the coughing until my ribs hurt and I feel like baby is going to pop out. Everyone keeps assuring me that won’t happen, but I’m not so sure.

My midwife is happy with how things are going. Baby is growing right on track, is currently head down {and hopefully stays there}, and heart rate continues to be good. My blood pressure etc has been consistent and steady, no swelling or any other issues.

Of course, my mind is entirely another thing. Now that we hit 30 weeks, I keep telling myself only 4 more weeks until I feel “safe” in this pregnancy. I’m still concerned that my body is going to stop doing this whole being pregnant thing and decide to spontaneously go into labor before the middle of June, which would just not be cool…at all.

30 Weeks 1 2 3
I’m so glad that I have the pictures to go back and look at. While I was pregnant with the triplets only 3 years ago, it was an entirely different experience, and Avelyn was 6 years ago…so I really don’t remember details. If you are pregnant…TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES and DOCUMENT! It’s such a special thing to have, not just for your little ones, but for yourself too.

You can find my posts from previous pregnancies at 30 weeks here:
30 weeks with triplets
30 weeks with Avelyn

No comments:

LinkWithin