Tuesday, December 2

When You Don’t Know What to Say

Last month was a really hard time for several of my friends, all of them for the same thing…the hope and loss of a new life. While it isn’t some special awareness day for those who have babies in Heaven, it is a day that I want to share the memories of their little ones, because each of those little ones was desperately loved, desperately wanted, and is desperately missed.

The most public of these stories is that of my friend Natasha. Natasha and her husband had hoped to bring home a precious baby girl later this winter, but it wasn’t to be. Hearts broke and questions were raised to Heaven. Unfortunately, so many of the hardest things in our lives have questions that we won’t have answered for many years, but even in that we know God’s Truth.

I know for myself I struggle with what to say, what to do for these precious friends who are walking a valley that I have never experienced. So I do the only thing I know to do: Pray. Because where I fail as a friend, God will never fail. He knows their needs, He knows how to comfort, because he knows the loss of a child. Just as His heart broke for His son, my friends’ hearts are breaking for their children.

I ask you today, would you please lift my friends and their families up, while they are mourning not only the child who was, but the child who would have been.

~*~*~*~

I do want to share some of Natasha’s writings from the past few months with you, you can find them below.

A Pearl of Great Price {Natasha’s sharing of their loss}
WordSnacks: Bite-sized Devotionals for Your Hungry Moments {The words penned by Natasha during the nights waiting and praying}
Pain Redeemed {when our deepest sorrows meet God} {Natasha’s words of God’s redemptive power}

No comments:

LinkWithin