Tuesday, September 9

Bumble Berry Pie

I love Pie. I don’t know many people who DON’T love pie, and I don’t know as I would trust someone who didn’t.

I’m always looking for new ways to remake old favorites. One of my favorite desserts was Krusteaz Raspberry Bars, so good, but then I figured out how to make them myself, which was so much cheaper AND so much yummier. Then another time I got a crazy-hair and decided that instead of just using raspberry jam, I would throw in a bunch of mixed berries…oh my…Bumble Berry Pie was born!

BumbleBerry Pie Berry Deliciousness Served Up Quick! At LifeintheWhiteHouse.com

Here it is:

1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of chopped nuts {pecans are divine in it; I’ve use walnuts in it too}
2 1/2 cups flour

1 cup of Raspberry Jam
2-3 cups of fresh or thawed, mixed berries {the skies the limit so use your imagination!}

Mix all of that together. Press about half of the dough in the bottom of a 9” pie dish {or a 9” square}. Spread with a little more than half of the jam, sprinkle with the mixed berries {even throw thin slices of apples in!}. Warm up the rest of the jam, so that it can be drizzled, and drizzle the rest of it over the berries.

photo (1)

Take the remainder of your dough and crumble it over the top of the pie. This doesn’t have to be beautiful.

photo

Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown on top and fruit is fork tender.
Allow to cool slightly before serving {otherwise it’s just going to run everywhere.

Serve warm with a heaping dollop of cream or vanilla ice cream. You can just scoop this out, or cut actual pie slices…we kind of do both, with a mix of keeping a fork in the plate to help ourselves.

*Unfortunately I did not get a straight out of the oven shot, since it was night and Matt and I wanted to eat it.

No comments:

LinkWithin