Monday, May 19

The Nesting Place {a Review}

I’ve been eyeballing TheNester’s new book for a while now, and have had it on my to-purchase-with-Amazon-rewards list. While I’ve long loved the Nester, her style isn’t particularly mine, but there are usually a few things I’m oohing and ahhing over on her blog: It’s one of those spaces that are always so clean and bright looking. So you can imagine my pleasure when it popped up as available for reviewing with BookLookBloggers.com.

nesting-place

While I have never, ever in my life, rented, this book had general all around awesome tips on how to make a house {or apartment or anything else} a home, without getting caught up in the convoluted idea of “Perfect” {which doesn’t exist by the way}.

Myquillyn talked about her own personal struggles with house envy and realizing the need to see beyond that and her budget. This book was just what I needed to help me start thinking about all the new spaces that I’m going to soon be decorating in our home {It gave me a definite paintbrush itch!}

I have always drooled over Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, The Company Store and any other home catalog, only to look at the prices and think yea right. The problem with those “homes” is that they’re not real, people aren’t LIVING in them.

While I would love for my home to be magazine perfect and company ready, what I really want is a home for people to feel comfortable in, and that is Myquillyn’s most important point in this book, creating the home that serves you, your family, while welcoming others into it.

If you’ve been struggling with being happy in your own home or having things just the way you want them, take a gander at this book; because it is so much more than just a how to guide on making your space beautiful.

*I received a digital copy of this book for free from BookLookBlogger in exchange for my review, my opinions here are entirely my own.

You can purchase a copy of this book at Amazon.com or any other book store.

No comments:

LinkWithin