Wednesday, September 4

W.I.P Wednesday

If you follow me on instagram, you probably saw a stack of fabric a while back, hash-tagged #BWBBdeepseaquilt : That’s what I’ve been working on. One of Matt’s cousins is expecting a baby in the beginning of November, so a new baby quilt was on the schedule!

SeaBreeze-Bundle-450I decided to pick a pattern from one of the many that I’ve pinned on Pinterest: Boys Will be Boys from CraftFoxes.com. It was fun! It was different than what I normally do! It was perfect!

I ended up using Sea Breeze by Amy Shaw for Wilmington Prints, from FatQuarterShop.com {my favorite online fabric shop!}

The pattern had me a bit confused, but ended up going together easier than I was thinking it would. Although I wish patterns would show not only tell you what fabrics {a…b…c…} etc, but what colors are going near what. I always end up having to cut extra blocks, because my colors end up not being matched up nicely.

I still have to finish my sashing and border, but I’m pleased with how it’s coming out. I’ll do by usual double cotton batting and hand tie it. But, boy, do I have an adorable backing planned for this quilt!

Sea Breeze Quilt

Linking up with Freshly Pieced.

What projects have you been working on? Anything slated for the Fall and Winter?

No comments:

LinkWithin