Monday, November 5

Halloween and a Birthday Party

When one has a child, born mere hours after Halloween, birthday celebrations and Halloween seem to go hand in hand.

Halloween wasn't any big deal around here. Trick or treating had actually been canceled in anticipation of Miss Sandy, but it ended up being nothing here. We got the kids trussed up and headed over to my grandfather's so that he could see the kids.

394017_10151525181047516_2093333383_n

Friday was the "rain-date" for Halloween, but it ended up being miserable out {chilly and rainy, it was actually nastier than the 31st was}, so the kids never got to go trick or treating; I'm pretty sure they'll live, but I'm not so sure about mommy and daddy.

Saturday we had Little Miss' 3rd Birthday Party. Fortunately I had decided to keep it small {haha…we had around 20 people} and the menu was all finger food, so there wasn’t much in the way of prep, other than trying to clean our house, which took a ridiculous amount of work.

Ave Bday Party Collage

{Pay no attention to how Ave and I both model our hats}

She got some awesome gifts for her birthday; like, I am seriously jealous of her Schwinn Tricycle. I’m trying to find out why they don’t come in my size.

I’m hoping things are going to settle down a little bit around here, there are so many things I want to share with you and need to write about, but we’ll just have to see what happens.

No comments:

LinkWithin