Friday, October 12

Visiting Friends and Family

Last weekend we headed out on a {one day} road trip to visit some friends and family. We packed everyone up in the van {my mom has since decided that we need to get a 15 passenger van, so that we don’t have to take more than one car…she jokes now, wait until we end up with one :-P} and headed to the Finger Lakes!

Our first stop was to very briefly visit my friend, Trina and meet her kiddos. I’ve known Trina for 15+ years, she was there along side me with most of my parents’ crazy business ventures {“Ooh! Let’s sell BRATWURST all weekend to 10,000 people! Fun!” or “Let’s raise a couple thousand chickens!”}. Interestingly enough, we were both too shy to really make any attempt at being friends. I got back in touch with her a couple of years ago via the wonder that is facebook.

After our pit-stop we continued on our way northward to my cousin’s. We haven’t been up to visit since her bridal shower, which was 3 years ago. Which meant we hadn’t met her 2 year old son either. We decided that since she’s expecting their second the trip was a necessity {next get together you guys have to come here ;-)}. The kids had such a fun time together and it was great to get to spend time with my cousin and her husband, as well as my uncle and aunt.

Visiting Collage

We had a really good time at both places and managed to get home before incredibly late at night. I even managed to launch our car into the air… “Wait? What?!” Oh yea, leaving my cousin’s we were getting ready to drive over a railroad track intersection, with a sign that said “BUMP”. I slowed down accordingly, what they didn’t tell you was that there was practically a 4’ drop on the other side of the tracks, which catapulted and turned off our car. Yea. Just a bit scary. My first thought was “Great, I just killed our van and we’re 4 hours from home”. I pulled over, put the car in park and so far everything seems ok. All is well that ends well.

No comments:

LinkWithin