Friday, October 5

10 Things My Allume Roomies Need to Know about Me

{I’m joining Brooke McGlothlin’s getting-to-know you link up}

This is just a smattering of the craziness that is me. I like to think I have my own brand of craziness. I’m so excited for the conference, meeting new people, and growing deeper with people I’ve briefly met before.

  1. I may jump out of bed in the middle of the night, thinking that I hear one of my kids crying or someone trying to open our door. Just ignore me…I’ll realize I was hearing things pretty quickly. I’m always on alert….don’t worry, I’m leaving the baseball bat at home {I can sleep closest to the door}.
  2. DSC_0066I have some potentially annoying sleep habits. See that guy? Over there? ---> Yea, he’ll be there with me. Feel free to tease me about it, but seriously do not try and hide him on me. Unless you want to see a grown woman have a freak-out session. I sleep with a sound machine (it sounds like a fan running)….I’m really hoping that this doesn’t drive any of you nuts. I have to sleep on the right side of the bed (when you’re in it).
  3. I guess I’ll be fighting Mandy for the shower at night. I promise I am not a lengthy shower-taker, I am used to showering with 4 kids in there with me. Then again I might enjoy being able to wash my hair without getting soap in someone’s eyes.
  4. I have a crazy-long bed time routine: Bathroom, drink, hand lotion, chapstick, lights out. Oh and sometimes there is some book reading or pinterest-surfing, which means I then have to repeat the process. Seriously, it takes me about 20 minutes to get ready for bed. My husband always gives me a hard time about it.
  5. I’m going to be seriously missing my husband and kids: I’ll probably have a smidge of homesickness…especially come Friday night. I haven’t been away from my husband, overnight, in 5 years. I haven’t been away overnight from my kids since they were born (well other than their NICU stay), and never more than one night since Ave was born.
  6. When I’m nervous around new people I have a really annoying habit of talking way too much about myself. I have no idea why, but this is one thing that has been on my mind constantly and I am praying about for the conference.
  7. Chocolate. I love chocolate. Oh, and nutella. I have no problem with downing either one late at night. Or pizza….love that too.
  8. I bought pajamas, just for this conference. Now, before you go thinking I’m a nudie-patootie at night…I’m not. It’s just that all of my pajamas were to the point of being rags and I figured I’d spare you all from that.
  9. My husband says I snore, but I adamantly deny this. I’m not sure how he even knows this as he is always asleep before me and sleeps like a rock.
  10. You can bet that I’m going to be really shy and self-conscious. Don’t worry it’s not you, it’s most definitely me.

*Disclaimer: I will try and keep my most annoying habits to a minimum, but cannot promise that I will be able to avoid them entirely, as I am rather OCD. My OCD’ed-ness comes out even more at bed time, because if I don’t follow my routine I have a hard time going to sleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin