Friday, June 29

You’re All My Favorites

There’s a really cute children’s book called “You’re All My Favorites”; in which 3 little bears (2 boys and a girl) become 31pnvFp7ESL._SL500_AA300_very concerned as to who is their parents’ favorite. Their parents explain that each of them are their favorite, for the very thing that made them different from the other two. Great book.

I think every parent wonders if they’ll ever be able to love another child as much as their first one, whether their first child will be their favorite. As a parent now of more than one child let me tell you something…your first child will be your favorite, so will your second, and third etc etc. They will all be your favorite.

I can hold each one of my children independently of the others and each time I think to myself, “There is no way I could love anyone more than I love you”, and it’s true. I love them all more than the rest of them, and love none of them less than the others. Except when I’m holding the one that doesn’t stop screaming, I may just love that one a little less at that moment :-)

How is this possible?

Don’t ask me. I have no idea. All I can think is this must be another one of God’s wonders; that we can love this way.

No comments:

LinkWithin