Monday, June 25

For Those Who Think I Do it All!

Here’s the truth: I don’t.

DSC_0473 
My laundry room: Diaper bags unpacked, dirty things on the floor, shoes everywhere.
DSC_0475 
The breakfast nook: Mops and brooms to trip over, empty boxes waiting for garbage day, step ladders, dirty table clothes and high chair.
DSC_0477
Pantry/Office: Boxes of food from the store (which has been closed for 2 months), a desk covered in paperwork and non-sense.

DSC_0476 DSC_0478 DSC_0479 
My kitchen: Dishes in the sink and on the counters, the dishwasher half-emptied, clutter everywhere, things to be put away, crumbs on the counter, dirt on the floor.
DSC_0481 DSC_0482 
My living room: TONS OF BABY STUFF! Clean laundry to be folded, diapers to be stuffed, pillows and blankets for babies, draws left open, clutter on every surface (I didn’t take a picture of the TV cabinet).
DSC_0484
My dining room: More baby stuff, unfinished sewing projects, car seats and toys, sewing paraphenalia, books waiting for another book case, craft projects unfinished.
DSC_0485 DSC_0486
The upstairs hallway: A crib waiting to go in the attic, boxes of diapers, piles of dirty laundry, towels needing to put away.
DSC_0487 DSC_0488 
Ave’s Room: {Probably the best looking since I was working in there yesterday}
DSC_0491
The babies’ room: Boxes of clothes that need to be prepped, some put away, some in use.
DSC_0492 DSC_0493
Our room: Baskets of clean laundry, baskets of dirty laundry, a full garbage can of tissues, clothes to be put away, a bed that needs to be stripped, seasonal things that need to disappear.
DSC_0494
And the entire time I took these pictures this guy was screaming.

So, then next time you think I’m somehow supermom and I do it all….I don’t. My house is trashed…constantly. If I manage to have some time to clean it, it takes about another 20 minutes and it’s trashed again. I have 6 or 7 loads of laundry (including diapers) waiting to be washed and then folded, I have bills to pay, meals to cook…the same as anyone.

For me, as much as I love a clean house (which our house isn’t dirty, it’s just crazy): Kids, reading, writing, and sewing are just more important. So please, don’t think I do it all, or that I’m supermom. I’m a mom, just like you, trying to do the best I can.

*Just a little secret: Most of the pictures I post on here of rooms, consist of my moving piles from one side to the other to get the pictures or they’re from before we had kids.

”Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

LinkWithin