Sunday, April 29

W.I.R. {Weekend in Review}

Well the weekend wasn't spent the way that I had hoped, but we have accomplished quite a bit in the past few weeks.

My dad hasn't been good again. He had 8 days straight of a pulse around 140-150, while also being in Atrial fibrillation (simply put, the heart's rhythm is all over and not steady). Fortunately on Thursday night it finally went down and back in rhythm. However, he is not physically feeling well after basically having run a marathon for 192 hours straight.

With my dad not well, it means that the burden of taking dismantling the store and the route have primarily fallen to Matt. Fortunately, things have gone smoothly, but it, of course, means that he hasn't been around home much to get others things accomplished. And we are most certainly on a deadline!

The store needs to be emptied and cleaned by the 1st, the babies are being Baptized the end of May, and we have a weekend in which we'll be heading to NH for our nephew's Baptism. In the "spare hours" we must {or rather Matt must} finish fencing in the yard, build a swing set, and I need to get the gardens done and the house cleaned. I think I'm going to be calling in some help toward the end: It's more than the two of us can accomplish alone.

So....What have we accomplished?

I've managed to rip up a section near our back deck and get a flower garden started {been meaning to do that for years}.
The garlic is waking up from its long winters nap!
I've gotten one of the tipis up for our squash...2 more to go; Matt has gotten about 1/3 of the fence done.
The first year we've had recognizable asparagus!

No comments:

LinkWithin