I follow this recipe for the crust:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed croutons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie or quiche pan.
- Place onion in pan with a dash of oil, cook until soft. Add spinach and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft. Drain off any remaining liquid (you might have to squeeze the spinach). Stir in eggs, cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed croutons. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.