Tuesday, January 10

"The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above, Is under a quilt, handmade with love."

The Wednesday that I went into labor I received a really awesome package in the mail: Our Christmas quilt! I was so excited to see the quilt (and then didn't even get to sleep under it!). It came out really well and it is so warm and cozy.

I had asked the woman who does my quilting to just stitch the binding on and I would hand stitch it down: She finished the whole thing. At first I was a bit "annoyed" (for lack of a less strong word) that she had finished it, but she knew me better than I did. There was no way I would have finished the quilt, especially since the babies arrived less than 24 hours later. It was so wonderful to take the quilt out of the box, shake it out, and put it on our bed...FINISHED!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I am enjoying your blog and the pictures of your decorating are so beautiful. Blessings to you and your family.

sadie607 said...

I love it!! I almost finished my first quilt but I can't figure out how to bind it to save my life. I've looked at about a million tutorials on-line but I don't get it. (I've also inspected the quilts you sent for E & E I don't get how binding works. haha

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Well done that woman! Can you believe I don't sleep under my own quilts, except those on the sofa (does a nap count?).
Enjoy your babies.

Anonymous said...

This looks heavenly!
I am considering trying quilting while on matleave (matleave is 50 weeks in Canada... so I guess I will have the time once the first 3-4 months are over)...

Life Happens said...

What a beautiful quilt!

LinkWithin