Tuesday, January 24

Are you a "noreply-comment" reader?

A couple of years ago I was wondering why when I commented on someone new's blog I never heard back from that person. I thought "How rude! Here I am commenting and they can't even be bothered to say "hi" back!"

Then I realized. They had no idea how to contact me unless they went through my profile and commented on my blog: Why is that? I was a noreply-comment blogger.

Here's the de-structions on how to become a commenter that bloggers can respond to :-)

1) Sign in to blogger and bring up your dashboard or profile page --> Click EDIT PROFILE

2) Make sure the second box down "Show my email address" is checked

3) Under Identity, make sure your email address is in there.

4) Then click "Save Profile"

That's it, that's all you have to do. Now whenever you comment on someone's blog that person will be able to email you. I love this feature, and I know other bloggers do to. It makes it so easy to get back in touch with comment-ers, especially new comment-ers that you want to make feel welcome or people with questions. I mean, blogging is about community right? So what's the point of it if people can't get back in touch with you :-)

5 comments:

Life Happens said...

So frustrating when you can't respond to someone because they are a no-replyer.

Glad you were able to change your settings!

Amanda said...

Hmmm... I didn't know that this was such a problem. I usually reply to people in the comments or back on their blogs. I don't normally try to email so I've never noticed this. For me, my blog email address (which isn't my normal email, which I think you know) is kinda a pain so I try to just avoid it altogether but I'll try to make that change.

Amanda said...

Ok, I just checked my profile and I can't do it because my regular email is linked up with my blog and I'd rather that addy not be public. And I don't want to switch it over to the blog email since I use a auto forward and rarely log into that account, so I won't be making the switch. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain.

Kateri said...

I added my email address to my blog a few months ago when I was having problems returning comments. (Normally I just return comments on the other person's blog if they have one.) It was driving me crazy that I had a few new commenters who were commenting on every post and I couldn't say thank you because they didn't have e-mail on their blogs. Then I realized I didn't have an email address on my mine...

Anonymous said...

I tagged you!
http://zygotta.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/i-got-tagged-to-tell-you-about-myself/

LinkWithin