Saturday, October 29

You know you've watched too much Winnie the Pooh, when you spell honey "H-u-n-n-y"

My sister and I recently decided that we wanted to try and make candles from bees wax. We found a company that Matt and his friend have ordered beekeeping supplies from and they had a kit for sale which included most of what we needed. Then we ordered extra wax and a couple of molds. We figure this would be a great way to make Christmas presents for family members, as well as to sell in the store.





It was actually pretty easy to do and we were really happy with how the candles came out: Melt the wax, pour it into the molds (have to spray them with silicone so you can get the candles out first), let them sit for a few days and pop them out of the mold. I was really surprised by how easy it actually was. The book that comes with the kit says it takes several hours to do, but we were done in about 30 minutes.




Voila! Easy and delicious smelling gifts!

2 comments:

The Wife said...

I remember when I was in the 7th grade we made candles and I'm always trying (and messing up) again. Maybe I'll break down and buy a kit like you. They look good!

Anonymous said...

very creative!

LinkWithin