Thursday, March 3

"A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul." ~Author Unknown

OK, now I'll post about my latest finish. You saw a bit of it in my other post, but here it is...finished!




I also did this one with flannel backing and hand-tying: I'm really loving that method for baby blankets. It just makes such a cozy, warm and soft blanket. This was such an easy quilt to do, the variety of fabrics makes the blocks look a lot more complicated.

I love this fabric too! I bought it with the certain-someone in mind, before I even knew what they were having (I had a feeling;-). The line is Wild Rose from Marti Michell and Maywood studio (I've decided I need to start keeping track of that info).

I think the quilt ended up being around 36" square. I was pleased with how it came out, and even more pleased that the recipient liked :-)

7 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!!

sadie607 said...

I love it!!! (I'm still trying to figure out the one square). I'm going to really focus tonight.

VA Blondie said...

Beautiful quilt! I also like the look of hand tying for baby blankets. It just seems more fun and cute.

Crossing My Fingers said...

Looks fabulous...and warm too!

See Jamie blog said...

So pretty! I love it.

Amanda said...

Looks great!

My friend made Michael a flannel backed quilt and it has been the cover of choice during the coldest nights of this winter. He's definitely stayed warmer and slept better with it.

Janna said...

WOW!! Beautiful!!!!

LinkWithin