Friday, May 28

Big Doin's in the White House

Wednesday, May 26
Today my mom, Ave and I went down to the river (which is the "Headwaters of the Delaware", and runs along the field behind our house). It was 95* out and a cool-off was becoming necessary to survive. My mom (Oma) put on her suit, I had on mine, and so did Ave (is there anything cuter than a baby in a bikini?!)...then we headed off across the field.

Oh my, that girl likes the water, and down there she can splash 'til her heart's content. We didn't put her face in the water, I'd rather not traumatizer her, but she definitely got the kick and splash thing down pat.




I think we're going to have a fun-filled summer of hanging out down by the river and splashing about.


Thursday, May 27

Today I packed A in the car and we headed down to CT to visit Sadie one last time before they move back to the western part of the country :-( We're very sad about that. It wasn't too bad of a drive, I kind of forgot about it being construction season, so it took longer than I expected.

We got down there and Sadie, her MIL (Debbie), Ave, and I headed out to lunch, then back to Sadie's to let the kids play for a bit. It was way too short of a visit, but we had a lot of fun together and I was so glad to meet Sadie's MIL.
Obviously our pictures of the three kids did not go as well as it did last time, but they did have fun playing: A was in her glory! The next time that we have these three together they'll probably all be too cool for each other and be playing gameboys (do they still exist?) or something. Hopefully not though, hopefully we'll get together again sooner than that.

Last night after we got home from CT, we had the biggest news of the day: A is crawling...albeit a bit unconventional. She kind of swims across the floor, but I don't think it will be long before she's on the move. She's already quite fast and now we have to keep BOTH eyes on her.

1 comment:

Crossing My Fingers said...

What a cutie in the water! I love grandmas that go by Oma.

LinkWithin