Monday, February 1

3 MONTHS (13 weeks + 1 day)

THREE MONTHS?! THREE MONTHS! SERIOUSLY HOW HAS IT ALREADY BEEN THREE MONTHS?!

Last night lying in bed, I realized something...One year ago (Jan 31) we had our IUI, it was my first day "pregnant" with Avelyn. Wow! I was blown away by that thought. A year ago we'd pretty much given up hope, had received the paperwork to start the adoption process, we'd already discredited the IUI..."knowing" it hadn't worked. And, now here we are a year later....I have a 3 month old swinging in my kitchen, taking a nap.

Here's her stats:
Weight: (correction) right around 13 1/2lbs
Length: just under 25"

Yesterday was also the first time we've taken A out in the snow (it was sunny and 30*) and to meet the chickens. The snow didn't phase her, but the chickens....oh my the chickens. She just starred and starred at them...I think what they were and the sounds were completely enthralling for her. Here are more pictures!

We spent quite a bit of time putzing around with pictures today, in honor of 3 months (about 3 hours on and off, with about 4 or 5 outfit changes). Some of them I even have A in my christening gown.

I was christened at 2 months old and A will certainly not fit into my gown at 5 months (when she's christened) so I just had to take some pictures of her in it. I'm actually thinking of having MIL take the train from my wedding dress to make A's christening gown. I know other people do this, and honestly, the train is the only part of my dress I'm attached to. The rest of it will probably be for dress up....so why not turn it into an heirloom...I'm sure A isn't going to want to wear my dress when she gets married.

Ok, a couple of new things she's doing: Drooling like a faucet, blowing raspberries, sitting upright in her bumbo for 10+ minutes at a time, sitting up in my lap with little to no support, eating (and gagging on) her hands, talking up a storm, and down-right giggling at things.

I've been holding off on doing one of these, but I think I can manage now...a side by side comparison of me at 13 weeks and A at 13 weeks. I definitely think she's the cuter of the two of us.


And here's the link to SOME of the pictures I took of her today (there were 347 total).

5 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

she is beautiful! i can't believe she's 3 months old already!!

Photogrl said...

3 months already!?!

I love the idea of using your train for her christening dress...that would be so special!

She's SO cute and getting big!

The Wife said...

She is getting cuter by the day. I can't believe she's 3 months already. It seems she was just born yesterday.

sadie607 said...

Time goes by way to quickly. She's so cute and looks so much like you in your comparison pictures.

kimbosue said...

SO BIG!

LinkWithin