Monday, December 14

What a weekend!

Saturday night, after being in the store all day, Matt and I went to one of our dinner dances. His sister came down and stayed with A while we were gone. I know a lot of people have major anxiety about leaving their little ones the first couple of times...for whatever reason (probably because she doesn't scream, yet, when I leave) I'm ok, for a few hours...then I start to miss her like crazy. We were only gone for about 3 hours....and dinner was well worth it!
(Can I just say how much I absolutely love the color of my eyes in this picture? Is that ok. It actually reminds me a lot of the Cullens eye-color in Twilight or what I imagine Claire Frasers [Outlander] to be)

Unfortunately, this will be the last picture ever taken with Matt's nose looking this way. On Sunday, while doing wood, he smashed it. A piece slipped off the truck, hit another piece, and catapulted that one into his nose. It's broken, and there was a huge gash across the top of it. Hopefully it heals all right, but I'm not to sure if it will...it was rather a bad cut (I don't know if he'll let me take a picture of it or not).

Matt and I have a guilty pleasure...my sister makes endless fun of us for it: Twilight. That's right, both of us like Twilight. In the afternoon, I took A up to my parents' for a few hours so that we could go see New Moon. It was OK. Fortunately neither of us were expecting anything too grand. I really like Taylor Lautner and kind of like Rob Pattinson, but I really don't like Kristen Stewart and think they could have cast a much better person for Bella's role. She always looks like she has a perpetual sneer on her face (even in other movies).

We were laughing pretty hard at all the no-shirt action. There was one scene in particular with Jacob taking off his shirt that was so obviously over the top. There were some pretty cool special effects and no, we can't wait for Eclipse to come out.

That was all our excitement for the weekend: We managed to get out twice without A and do somethings. Of course, that will probably be the last time for a long time, because anything else we have to do she can go too.

7 comments:

Melissa G said...

Cute pic! Sounds like a lovely evening. Good for your for getting out for a bit. And yes it's okay to say- your eye's DO look lovely!

Dude. I cannot STAND Kristen Stewart, what a freakin' hack. That woman cannot act worth crap. Terribly miscast, but I too love the Twilight series!

Thank you for all of the thoughful and supportive comments you've left on my blog, I really appreciate it!

sadie607 said...

I love the pic. I hope Matt is okay though that sounds miserable. I actually cringed when I read what happened. I'm glad you and matt have been able to get out by yourselves a few times though.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

You guys look fantastic for new parents!

I just recently jumped on the Twilight bandwagon and am totally taken. I have never seen Kristen Stewart in anything before, but she didn't seem to be able to act that well. I haven't seen New Moon yet, but planning on it soon.

(my word verification is twitlys)

Somewhat Ordinary said...

You guys look fantastic for new parents!

I just recently jumped on the Twilight bandwagon and am totally taken. I have never seen Kristen Stewart in anything before, but she didn't seem to be able to act that well. I haven't seen New Moon yet, but planning on it soon.

(my word verification is twitlys)

kimbosue said...

Nice pic. Sad about the nose!

I have read all the Twilight books, but haven't got myself out to see New Moon yet!

Debbie said...

That's a great picture of you two.
I'm probably old enough to be everyone's "mother" (those who commented) but... I just finished New Moon and I liked it.

Amanda said...

I like New Moon MUCH better than Twilight. Maybe it had to do with all the shirt-less action. :-) I couldn't agree more about them not putting the right person in Bella's role. According to the books she was supposed to be beautiful in a I-don't-need-makeup kind of way...Kristen Stewart is pretty, but just doesn't fit (and can't act).

LinkWithin