Thursday, November 26

"Always rejoice, constantly pray, in everything give thanks. For this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thess. 5:16–18)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

In honor of Thanksgiving I'm going to list some of the things that I am most thankful for. There are the things that are obvious and then some things I really had to think about the blessings in my life that I need to be thankful for.

I had every intention of writing up a well thought-out "Thankful List", but it obviously hasn't happened. So here is the shortness of that list:

1. Matt - Even though he drives me nuts sometimes (HOW CAN SOMEONE SLEEP THROUGH A BABY CRYING!)....I still love him and count him to be one of my greatest blessings...the reasons are too numerous to recount.

2. Miss Avelyn - This, I think, is pretty self explanatory!

3. My bloggy/internet friends - All of you mean so much to me...honestly there have been times I don't think I would have pressed on and continued the fight if it weren't for all of you there holding my hand through the darkness and giving me your support. Some of you I have only recently been blessed to know and some of you have been there for me through it all (you know who you are, [Jendeis])...THANK YOU!.

4. Sadie - Sadie is a bloggy/internet friend, but is more than that...Sadie and I started out on this "wonderful" ttc journey about the same time, and received the same devastating news within weeks of each other. We trudged through infertility and now parenting together.

5. Our Families (both sides) - Even though they drive me nuts...I know they're there for us and support us.

6. My sister - As nuts and moody as she is....I love seeing her interact with A. It has added a whole new side to her.

7. My dogs - I know, stupid, but as much as they drive me crazy they've always provided a much needed distraction.

8. That I have the option to not go back to work in January...that I have a husband who is willing to let us take the risk of quitting my job, our only real source of income.

There are so many things that I am thankful for and this list could go on and on, but one thing that I am truly thankful for is reading and writing. If I didn't know how to write I wouldn't be able to put down all of my thoughts to share with the world, if I didn't know how to read I wouldn't be able to be there for anyone of you.

After writing these things I realize that a lot of people/things drive me nuts...I don't know if that says anything about the people I associate with or that I'm nuts...or both :-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

4 comments:

sadie607 said...

Aww thanks Jess. We really need to meet at some point. I hope you're having a great thanksgiving.

Jendeis said...

Thankful for you too!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Those are all fabulous things to be thankful for!!!!

Mary

theworms said...

I hope you had a wonderful day! You have a lot to be thankful for. Congrats on your baby girl - she is a cutie!

LinkWithin