Friday, November 20

Lifes short....eat dessert first

A while back my sister and I were asked if we would be willing to make desserts for one of the formal ballroom dancing "societies" we belonged to (we don't belong anymore because it was just costing too much and we rarely actually made it to a dance and then there was the whole thing with Matt's back and not being able to walk let alone dance...but I digress). My sister and I said sure...we both could use a bit of extra income.

The first dance that we're baking for is tomorrow night...so the preparations start today. So far A has been agreeable...of course I am only halfway through one of the desserts. On our dessert menu we have:

Chocolate Truffles ~ rolled in chopped walnuts or cocoa (this is actually a recipe from Godiva's website and is absolutely EASY and delicious!).
Key Lime Calypso Bars (from Pillsbury's Best of the Bake-Off: Cookies and Bars...EASY!)
Mini Cheesecakes
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

It's all done: FINALLY! I have not left my kitchen since 10:30am, except to take care of A, the entire day. I really wish I could get a full nights sleep...because I need it. Hopefully A will be just as agreeable tonight as she has been all day.

I didn't take pictures of all of the dessert (carrot cake and cheesecake are pretty simple), but here are the truffles and the Calypso Bars.


And just because she's so awesome and completely adorable: MISS AVELYN!

I think she was a bit bored with my antics in the kitchen today...

4 comments:

Photogrl said...

As beautiful and yummy as the desserts are...

Avelyn takes the cake! ;)

sadie607 said...

I am so impressed with your cooking and baking skills and little miss Avelyn is just precious.

(We got your announcment today, I love it!)

Anna said...

You're so talented. The desserts look simply delicious! Perhaps you'll be getting more orders.
Hi cute baby A!

Best wishes,
Anna

kimbosue said...

YUM-O! Your title reminded me of Valentine's dinner a few years ago. Hubby and I always go to the same restaurant where they have a downsized menu - a few choices of appetizer, salad, main, dessert. The desserts are FAB but we are always too stuffed. One year we asked if we could do it backwards and they said yes! It was awesome and DARN we didn't have room for salad!

LinkWithin