Tuesday, April 7

2nd OB Appt.

We got an ultrasound today (WOOHOO!) and saw the alien waving away at us. Dr G was great, Matt liked her. He really liked how she referred to the alien as "pumpkin", because that's his nickname for me (obviously she doesn't know that).

One of the things that really struck me, and is more obvious with the u/s pictures, is the quality of the equipment: The pictures from our RE at 6 and 7 weeks are more detailed than the pictures from the OB at almost 12 weeks.

The alien was measuring just under 12 weeks, my uterus is measuring at 12 weeks, the crown to rump measurement was I think 4.8cm (almost 2"), heart rate was 169. We go back on May 11th for another check up, then probably our anatomy scan will be on May21. I told her that we were going on vacation and it would give me a lot of peace of mind to have another ultrasound and know that things are going well. She didn't see a problem with that at all.

They also did my annual exam today... so I got PAP'ed, a breast exam, and a pelvic exam. She doesn't seem to think I'll have any trouble birthing this kid, since I have "such nice pelvic placement"....more compliments on my child-bearin' hips.

Dr G was really cool she already had read my chart. She introduced herself to Matt: It was really great with her.

So I guess I'm really pregnant: I stop my prometrium this Saturday, then two weeks from this time I will officially be out of the first trimester.

9 comments:

sadie607 said...

Yay for seeing your baby. I'm so glad you had a good appointment and the doctor sounds great. Much better than the encounter with the nurse last time.

Queenie. . . said...

It sounds like everything's going great--yay for being done with the prometrium!

Jendeis said...

I'm so happy for you two! The alien looks great!

SupersammyG said...

looks great. While I never had an ultrasound at an re the ultrasound at the maternal fetal medicine dept. where I got my nt scan was so much better than the one at the ob. Glad to hear everything went well and you liked the ob

The Wife said...

Wow! It feels like it's gone by so fast! Cute picture! I liked the labels - sometimes I can't figure those things out.

Janna said...

SOOOO COOL!!! So glad everything is going well!!

~Hollie said...

So awesome! See the kiddo, good OB, and icing on the cake, a VACATION! Couldn't be better! I know you are happy to say good bye to the prometrium. I'm hoping to do the same this week. We shall see.

Debbie said...

your alien is beautiful Jess! I'm so happy for you. I wish I had a chicken or two in my yard.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you. 12 weeks is a great milestone.

LinkWithin