Wednesday, March 25

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

I have a bit of trouble with the above verse: No matter how hard I try, I worry WAY TOO MUCH! I know I do this.

I've made my first phone call to the OB (still waiting to hear back from them). I noticed on Monday afternoon (after I moved a case of paper 2 feet), that I was having some stretchy/pulling like pains in my lower abdomen. They went away. Yesterday they were on and off. Today they're almost constantly on, just ranging in intensity from nothing much, to feeling like a sharp menstrual cramp.

I'm thinking that it's most likely just my muscles stretching, especially since it's running right along the muscle line that attaches the pubic bone to the hip bone. Since I don't have any blood the receptionist didn't seem too concerned, and since they haven't called me back I'm thinking it's nothing much.

I just can't help but worry. I knew before I ever was pregnant that worry was going to be a HUGE thing for me: I'm a worrier, I always worry, I create things to worry about, there's always something that has me worrying. I try and pray so hard about it, but it's that bag of garbage I'm always snatching back from God. (Why do we do that?!)

Deep down I know that everything is fine. I know that God is in control with this pregnancy, and I know that everything is going to be perfect. That come October we're going to have a beautiful, healthy baby. I KNOW THIS! but I still worry. Oy!

5 comments:

VikingLady said...

Im sure its not going to hurt the pregnancy, but avoid lifting anything heavy. Thats my advice anyways-
most likely the muscle hurts you AND the worries makes is MUCH worse.

VikingLady said...

Oh, and dont forget that you will experience this pain/feeling because the belly will be getting ready to get bigger on the inside. As the uterus grows (remember it will grow thousand times its size) you will experience those kinds of "pains". So it might have nothing to do with you lifting at all. Please do not worry too much.
=o)

Jendeis said...

I'm definitely a part of your world with the worrying thing. I'm sure you're right that it's just muscle stretching or round ligament pain.

Queenie. . . said...

I'm a worrier by nature, too. Your pains sound totally normal, though.

~Hollie said...

We are so much in the same boat! I am the same way. But they said to me that if the pain does go away, even with tylenol, then its okay without bleeding. SO I've had all sorts of aches and pains and stretchies etc. Just saw Sticky Bun yesterday and all is well.
I'm a total worrier too. I have this verse on my bathroom mirror.
KEEP STRETCHING!!

LinkWithin