Monday, January 5

Baby Quilt #1 for 2009

I've slowly started working on my first baby quilt; I always thought that my first baby quilt would be for my kid...not 3 other people (that's right 3). I'm surprisingly OK doing this. However, I love the quilt that I designed and if it comes out awesome, I may just keep it for myself! Selfish, I know.

I used my EQ6 program to design the quilt. It's actually a very easy pattern and just looks really intricate. The colors I'm using are on the left, they're not in the best light (l to r: dark pink, medium pink, blue, buttery yellow with pink flowers, and a pale white swirly pattern). I may trade in the buttery yellow for a brighter yellow (like in the pattern), I haven't decided yet. I'm going to do one block and see how I like it.




3 comments:

Mo and Will said...

wow. that is beautiful!!! I am so impressed!

Mo

Jendeis said...

Gorgeous! I am a fan of that bright yellow.

FlyAway said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful!
I just started researching what kind of quilt I want to make for my bedroom, which I have wanted to do for almost 5 years now. Keep us posted on the progress!

BTW, I'm getting a handle on this "blogging thing" and i wanted to reply to a comment that you made about a poem left on my blog, you are more than welcome to use it (it's not mine and I'd love to share whats not mine :). Its inspration for everyone. Thanks!

LinkWithin