Wednesday, November 5

"Don't rule out working with your hands. It does not preclude using your head." Andy Rooney

I started last week on my tree wall hanging. I didn't get to spend much time on it until last night. It was really easy and [I think] it looks great!

This is how it started...just a bunch of triangles stitched together. Very simple. I added a couple of borders, some stars, and voila!


It still needs something more, I may applique a snowman or something on the bottom part. Any ideas? I'm really rather pleased with how it came out.

This morning I got up early (love the time change!) and made some scones for breakfast and also made a headband. The winter is horrible for my hair. Usually it's very wavy/curly and great, but once it gets cold it goes very straight (from static and heavier conditioners): Hate it! It doesn't help that my hair is too short to pull back.

I found this tutorial here on how to make a headband. Very simple and VERY easy. I popped this little thing out in about 10 minutes. For me, I need to make it smaller: I did 2- 3"x 19", 2 3"x6", and a 3" piece of elastic. A little to big for me.


Here's the other project that I plan on starting, once I get the above one quilted (which I may do by hand). I know it's hard to see...if you click on it, it's a bit easier. What it is, is a wall hanging. 6 blocks total, on to each block is a Christmas themed item: Mittens, snowflake, tree, peppermint candy, gingerbread people. It's all applique work, but it shouldn't be too hard. I finally figured out how to do a satin stitch on my machine. In one of the blocks I'll applique "Be Merry" or some other Christmas phrase.

Well I guess this posted turned into a Whatcha Workin' On Wednesday post :-)

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Jendeis said...

Ooh, I love the hanging. I like the idea of a snowman or some red globe ornaments on the center tree.

Leslee said...

I was thinking a small campfire in the front would be really nice. It's so cute! I am hoping to get better at quilting and do something like this!

sadie607 said...

I love the wall hanging. I'm so looking forward to the day when I no longer have homework and I can go back to crafting. I used to do it all the time and now all I do is write papers.

LinkWithin