Sunday, May 25

"It is well that war is so terrible--we should grow too fond of it" Robert E. Lee

This weekend there is a Civil War Reenactment taking place in our town. Yesterday my mom, sister and I were part of an evening worship service. The committee for the reenactment asked our theater group if we'd be willing to sing several hymns for the service. Unfortunately I do not have a video. I had asked Matt to film, but somehow things got lost in communication and it didn't happen. I do have lots of pictures though!






I've now been bitten by the Reenactment Bug. While I've always been interested/fascinated with the Civil War, seeing "it" makes it even more so. I hoping that someday we'll go to Gettysburg for their reenactment.

2 comments:

seussgirl said...

Let me know if you ever make it to Gettysburg - I'm not far from there!
My husband's family has done reenactments all his life. He was in the paper as a drummer boy when he was little. :)

sadie607 said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to a reenactment, especially now that we're on the East coast.

(I wish we could have made it up there, work always gets in the way)

LinkWithin