Monday, April 21

Operation Dinner ~ Sun Dried Tomato and Eggplant Pizza

I'm sure you're thinking: WHAT!? There is nothing better than eggplant (well, maybe spinach or broccoli) on pizza. Here it goes... I made a whole wheat crust...I don't follow a recipe for my bread doughs...
Topped it with olive oil, then mushroom tomato sauce.
Diced up some sun dried tomatoes.
I leeched my eggplant....this is very important, it's what removes the bitter taste from them.

To leech eggplant:
Slice/dice (whichever you prefer) your eggplant.
Salt each piece thoroughly and place between two papertowels.
Allow to sit for 10 minutes...pressing occasionally.
Rinse each piece of a dry thoroughly...now you can use it :-)
Covered the top of the pie with the sundried tomatoes, eggplant and mozzarella. Pop into a 500*+ oven for 10-15 minutes (until brown on bottom and tops is bubbly). Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving...YUM!


1 comment:

sadie607 said...

This looks delicious I'm coming over for dinner :~)

LinkWithin