Thursday, January 20

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
Yogi Berra

There used to be this little pizzeria in the town where I worked....they made the absolute best pizza....the crust was thin, chewy, and yet crusty, the sauce was perfect...with just a little bit of a spice to it, and the cheese....I love cheese.

They closed down about a year ago. The building they were renting was getting demolished and that was the end of it. I've been lost without it. I love pizza....if I had to choose one of the things (food-wise) that I could not live without, it would be pizza.

A while back we subscribed to Cook's Illustrated for the artwork....if you've never seen the magazine...check it out! They have beautiful illustrations of food. We are planning on framing a bunch of the back covers (which are cheeses, spices, sausage, herbs etc) and hanging them in the store. This past issue there was a recipe for Thin Crust Pizza. I put it aside, planning on trying it.

It took me a while, but I finally got around to it. The thing is...the dough needs to be made 24 hours ahead of time and quite frankly I don't always think that far ahead about dinner. Yesterday I did. And tonight we had pizza.
One word: YUM! This was, by far, the BEST pizza I've ever made...and may just be the best pizza I've ever had (the sauce wasn't quite right, in my opinion). The crust was fantastic: The flavor and texture and everything was there!

There are really no words to describe what kind of an experience this was....just make it yourself and find out!

Here's the recipe ....It's worth trying it!

3 comments:

sadie607 said...

I totally agree with you about Pizza one of my absolute favorite foods. And now that i know this I"m glad I picked a pizza place for us to eat at when you came to New haven.

The pizza looks delicious your so talented! Maybe if I'm feeling ambitious I'll try to make it sometime in the next week. I bet i can find a way to totally screw it up thought :~)

Crossing My Fingers said...

OMG! Those pictures look AMAZING!!!

Amanda said...

That looks really good!

If I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.

LinkWithin