Tuesday, January 18

2011 List of Things To Do

(and this is my 1000th post! I talk too much.)

Let's see, what would I like to get accomplished this year in my life....especially considering this will be my last year in my 30s...yikes!

*Fence in the backyard (as I have said before, maybe the 6th year is our charm)

*Finish the bathroom - The shelves, refinishing the toilet, and the remainder of decorating that I want to do.

*Repaint the inside of our house - We've been living here for 5 1/2 years now and the ceilings are looking dingy and it needs a general sprucing up. Particularly the kitchen/living room, the upstairs hallway and our bedroom. The rest looks ok still.

*Build a shed - We need to have some kind of storage for outside, just a dry place to keep our mower and gardening tools.

*Increase our stash of go-to meals - I'm hoping to cook at least 12 new dishes (1 per month) and then start to include them in our rotation of meals.

*Get a better grasp on finances - With the fair and the store we really need to put everything in some sort of system of organization, so that we can keep better track of our income and profits.

*Report the mess that is "The Swamp" to the village code enforcer - Behind our house is a strip of property owned by the older couple across the street from us, they use the spot as a dumping grounds for whatever (fortunately not household garbage). Also, the village used to have a swimming pool back there that floods constantly from the river and refills....it's a swamp and a terrible breeding ground for mosquitos and other nasty things. That is the biggest cause of writing a letter; it's just not safe.

*File our application for the home improvement grant - The wait list is about 2 years, so hopefully in 2 years we'll get it and then have some money to start doing things to our house :-)

*Quilts - I'm not going to give myself a quota to fill. I just would like to get a few projects done (perhaps our Christmas quilt and a few other small quilts).

*Books - I hope to read as many as I managed to in 2010 (47)....but we'll see. I do have a couple of goals, which are here.

And the truly important goals....
*To have another baby on the way for the beginning of 2012
*Letting go and letting God
*Becoming a better person
*Putting God first in my life and continuing to know and understand Him
*Stop talking about myself so much; whether on other peoples blogs or in real-life


We'll see how I did with these things next January.

4 comments:

Crossing My Fingers said...

Great list, be sure to post the recipes!

carrie said...

"talking about myself"

I was thinking about that the other day and how with FB and Twitter and blogs, I feel like I'm always talking about me. Of course, I'm reading about other people more than I'm actually talking about myself, but still. And when I comment on blogs, I do tend to leave an example of myself experiencing the same thing. (*See this whole paragraph!)

Interesting :)

Project Baby said...

Love this post...!
Best of luck to you!

Amanda said...

Congrats on 1000 posts!

That's a good list. How on earth did you have time to read 47 books!? Well, I'm sure you're going to do well with your list.

LinkWithin